According to who is the entity that manages the domain from where the cookies are sent and treats the data that are obtained
- Own Cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal computer from a computer or domain managed by the editor and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-Party Cookies:These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal computer from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
According to the length of time they remain active on the terminal equipment
- Session Cookies: These are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a Web Page. They are usually used to store information that is only of interest to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion and expire when the user logs out or closes the browser.
- Persistent Cookies: Cookies are a type of cookie in which the data is still stored in the terminal so that it can be accessed and used in more than one session. They can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
According to the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed
- Thecnical Cookies: They are those that allow the user to navigate through a Web Page, platform or Web Page and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access.
- Personalization Cookies: They are those that allow the user to navigate through a Web Page, platform or Web Page and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access.
- Analysis Cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users to whom they are linked. The information collected by means of this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of websites, Web pages or platforms and to create user navigation profiles.
- Advertising Cookies: They are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral Advertising Cookies: These cookies store information on user behaviour obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed to display advertising based on this.
Cookies used on the web
How to modify cookie settings
You can restrict, block or delete cookies from this or any other website, using your browser. In each browser the operation is different, the ‘Help’ function will show you how to do it.
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following: